Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Lasso
I loved this show and watched it almost straight through in a couple days.  

I had not been previously aware that Juno Temple was British.  This role helps make sense of her as an actress, even if it makes no sense of the name Keeley (though it's still a perfect name for her character).  I didn't think much of her acting prior to this show.

Season 2 starts in 3 weeks on 7/23!

looking forward to it!

I watched it well after season 1 ended. Are AppleTV series like netflick where they all come out at once? Or is it week to week?
Week to week.

This show is so damn great. Can’t wait for season 2.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
My wife has definitely found some issues with the interactions between Ted and Rebecca, and between Keeley and Rebecca too (Bechdel has some things to say!) but man, it's damn...joyous. Also has some clever animal pun names: oh, Cindy Clawford, you were good to Higgins!

Ted's reaction to "Caesar-you later." was an all timer.

Speaking of Rebecca...I want to be squeezed by those arms.

(07-02-2021, 10:39 PM)doc happenin Wrote: My wife has definitely found some issues with the interactions between Ted and Rebecca, and between Keeley and Rebecca too (Bechdel has some things to say!) but man, it's damn...joyous. Also has some clever animal pun names: oh, Cindy Clawford, you were good to Higgins!

Ted's reaction to "Caesar-you later." was an all timer.

Speaking of Rebecca...I want to be squeezed by those arms.

That Caesar line and the delayed response was a major LOL for me.
I loved this show. Whilst I did discover it in the middle of a 20 yr marriage ending, which is a theme in the show, I still thought it was brilliant. The dart scene. The Diamond Dogs scenes. Danny Rojas. I cannot think of a more positive and life-affirming show.
PSN: Kriegaffe
Burned through the final four eps last night. Ended strong! What a joy.

Welcome to the club!
I am counting the minutes until season 2. Between this and Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix, I've had wonderful tonics to ease my melancholy over this past year or so. Such exhibitions of unrestrained joy and optimism are rare and to be treasured when found.
So many great moments that stick with you:

Nate's roast
The Darts game
Rebecca's karaoke
American football!

Definitely looking forward to the second season. Though, only once a week?! Oh my!

And:

"My father is 60 years old and lives in South London, of course he's racist."

(07-02-2021, 09:42 PM)doc happenin Wrote: Week to week.

NO!!!!
(07-04-2021, 03:23 PM)doc happenin Wrote: So many great moments that stick with you:

Nate's roast
The Darts game
Rebecca's karaoke
American football!

I liked all these, but my favourite I think was the "Diamond Dogs" group therapy.
PSN: Kriegaffe
Finally got around to checking this out. Yeah, it's great.

What helps that the sweetness doesn't feel artificial; Ted Lasso feels like a real person and not just a cartoon character that's nice.

And yes, the reaction to the "Ceasar you later" was fucking incredible.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
Today!!!!!

Nearly finished a rewatch of season one. Lots of great stuff that still lands but I think what stood out for me most was the guy playing Jamie. Absolutely nails the Mancunian bravado as well as the glimpses of a real character when the mask slips. Went off the portrayal of Roy Kean- I mean Roy Kent even though clearly the guy has talent behind the scenes. Felt less authentic as a working-class footballer though.

Still cannot believe that is Septa Unella.
Such awesomeness. I absolutely positively hate all forms of animal cruelty…and that kick and shower scene…hilarious.

I kinda want Ted’s reactions in gif form…you know to meme.
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
Earl Greyhound. Hehehe

Solid start; though I (the wife) am a touch upset that 'successful, competent club owner is reduced to girly gossip her entire episode'. They played with that nicely, though.

Curious to see how Ted and his...boyness finally wins over the doc. Sorry, 'doctor'.

Watched the first episode. Funny show. I like the characters, and the dialogue is witty.

Like, this is the exact plot of Major League, though, right?

The ending showing Roy with the yoga mums was pretty great, although I have zero need for the Jamie character on this show to return.
Yeah, loved the ending. Also loved his niece keeping a running tally of his swears.

It picked up just where it left off. Great way to start the season.

I wonder how far they will push “asshole” Nate.
Major League is a great movie.

I also liked how Roy provided the crucial advice to Rebecca to save her from going any further in the relationship with that dullard.

It echoes nicely with the earlier scene when Ted said "sometimes girl talk is really 'girl, listen'"
Giles!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Oh yeah, he's so scummy and charismatic. It's wonderful.

Giles is great.
Roy Fucking Kent. Good to have him back.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

(07-27-2021, 12:24 AM)Rylander Wrote: I also liked how Roy provided the crucial advice to Rebecca to save her from going any further in the relationship with that dullard.

It echoes nicely with the earlier scene when Ted said "sometimes girl talk is really 'girl, listen'"

I was wondering why that boring guy was so familiar.  

I looked it up and it was Neil from THE OFFICE!  David Brent hated him so much!
Haha a sleazy move by Lasso at the end there. I can see him bringing back Jamie as a way of shaking things up, but I have a hard time imagining him doing it without running it by the team first. Bad Ted, Bad!!
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
The way that Jamie's reappearance was shot and staged led me to believe that it was Rebecca's decision, not Ted's.
I got the sense that Rebecca was impressed, not that she had anything to do with the decision.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
except Ted and Leslie are for it

either way, it doesn’t stop Ted from telling his team before it got sprung on them
Yeah, even I was going, "Uh, Ted...you MIGHT want to run this by the team first, dude," there at the end.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Yeah I don’t like the artifice of that. All you needed was a quick speech about not everyone had a great father and people deserve an olive branch and it’d be fine. It’s not like we won’t have drama and conflict as Jamie Freeman’s on everyone anyway. Do we really need Ted acting out of character and not considering people’s feelings?
If it was Ted’s decision it totally came out of that conversation he had with Doctor Sharon there at the end.

If it was Rebeccas, Ted will still take responsibility for it.

Everything with Roy has been fantastic so far.