Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The kindness of near-strangers
Well, when I forgot to tape Felicity for my galpal and risked vaginal expulsion, The Duke came to my rescue. And threw in a sweet Canadian band disc of mp3's to boot.

Just the other day, T offered to pick me up a copy of Near Dark.

Nick's sent me some sweet love in da mail.

What else?

yt gave me infinite help on a Baja vacation I'm planning. Rylander offered up some goods. Russ Lucas inquired about my whereabouts and my Suedehead one day. Even Ol' Will gave me some good business advice through e-mail. I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

The Sewer is a great place.
Back on track...

Though I have never given a gift to anyone of you, excluding sending money to Nick and sending some book reviews to the sci-fighter, I wouldn't think for a another second and hook most of you up.

CHUD is an extension of me, and a part of me. Thus I do my best to take care of the people here and care for them. Plus, one day I will be fortunate to meet those I have not met and have a meal or shoot the shit with them.

This truly is a second home to me. This place has helped me out immensley in the last few months when I was uprooted from my home, friends, and family to persue my goals and move halfway across the US.

Thank you. *tears*
Quote:

CTDeLude:
"I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!"

OK but NO TONGUE!!!
I live here. Most of you think my posting habits are a bit extreme, but the truth is I love posting here and adding my 2 cents, however worthless they are at times.

I love you all dearly, and that's no joke. Even though i've never physically met any of you....I feel some sort of strange connection.

It's fate that brought us all here...I mean, just happening upon this site one day introduced me to a slew of interesting people. I just signed up for the hell of it....I think it was because I wanted to respond to a Band of Brothers topic. And that started it all. And I thought this would be something i'd get tired of, like i'd post steady for a month and then just lose interest.

Not so. I don't think i'll ever lose interest in talking with all of you, and I hope you never lose interest in talking with me despite all the crazy things I say.

You all are incredibly great people, and i'm so thankful for meeting you all.
This thread is a perfect example of why I love coming to the CHUD message boards. Despite disagreements and conflicts, we manage to stick together. Many times I've needed help and support and there is always somone in here who's willing to help out. Even when I'm not looking for assistance, I still receive it. I mean, how cool is that? That's why I'll kiss Nick's ass until my lips turn brown. He has created a true and ideal online community where you actually feel that you belong and physically socializing among our fellow Chewers. Rare indeed in a virtual environment.

Excuse me while I end up sounding like a Saturn commercial.

Anyway, glad to see Mundt and the captain kiss and make up (no tongues, of course). You're both cool peeps and I'm glad that things are okay now.
Quote:

Brian (billylove) Collins:
Back on track...

Though I have never given a gift to anyone of you, excluding sending money to Nick and sending some book reviews to the sci-fighter, I wouldn't think for a another second and hook most of you up.

CHUD is an extension of me, and a part of me. Thus I do my best to take care of the people here and care for them. Plus, one day I will be fortunate to meet those I have not met and have a meal or shoot the shit with them.

This truly is a second home to me. This place has helped me out immensley in the last few months when I was uprooted from my home, friends, and family to persue my goals and move halfway across the US.

Thank you. *tears*

speaking of assistance from people on the boards, Voltes ... did you get the little "thank you" I sent?
Big Black and I have become friends solely based on that we frequent this place. I think that speaks volumes abot what kind of place this is, that that we were both drawn here makes us of a certain type who could become friends.

I too have exchanged goods and pleasentries with people like Hester and Khitcher, and feel that this is some sort of home away from home. Some days if something is going on in my life (like this Condo I'm buying) I want to start a post to tell you guys about it. I like getting in discussion, and in some cases, arguements. I love you guys, and in sort of a creepy way too.
I hope to never meet a single one of you bastards.
Quote:

Blofeld 28.06.42.12:

So that's why you left me high and dry in the Big Airport? That's right, I still remember! And I'm scarred by it.
Quote:

Blofeld 28.06.42.12:

how about meeting some of us Bitches??
Poor Seahawk!

Blo didn't even acknowledge him as on of us!
Quote:

CTDeLude:
Poor Seahawk!

I think Seahawk didn't give him a good night kiss.
One!

ONE!
I've found that many of the times I've been in chat, it has prompted me to say things to people that I never bothered to post for whatever reason.

For example, seeing Refrozen Seabass in chat reminded me to tell him how much I enjoyed his name.

The other night I told Poxy how much I enjoyed the name of his fantasy football team.

A while back I was even offering scripts to people in chat. While many were interested, the only taker was Goose78. I sent him a script.

And, I am bringing a tape of a rare short film to CHUDWest to share with my fellow chewers.

Viva el CHUD!
Quote:

Blofeld 28.06.42.12:
speaking of assistance from people on the boards, Voltes ... did you get the little "thank you" I sent?

I have yet to go to the Post Office and pick up my previous letters (I'm a lazy bum); still, I want to thank you for that. You didn't have to and I really appreciate it. Thanks!
Don't thank me for thanking you, just wanted to know if it arrived.
Chud is love.

I come here everyday and I look forward to it. The past few days I have been really busy and when I got back home the first thing I did was start my computer and log on. It's a second home.

I've only met one chewer but I would take a bullet for you in an instasecond, I have nothing but love for each and everyone of you.

There have been days where I have felt like shit and I log on and I feel better. Cliché thing to say, but it's true. You people make me feel better.

I not only love talking movies with you guys, I just love talking with you dudes. I love the way it feels in here, everyone has respect for each other. Sure I dig some of you cats more than others, but in the end I dig all of you.

I've gotten phone calls, little surprises, and really heartfelt e-mails from chewers who don't even know what color my eyes are and it just feels good to know people care. I would do the same for anyone on here. I have sent a few things out and stuff, but not nearly enough. I would love to meet all you guys, I know I would hit it off with everyone here. If you're ever in my part of the world (Yeah, that happens a lot) you will be treated with the same respect I would give Brian DePalma, cause like him you are all my heroes.

I guess all this rambling and gushing about this little closed in world we have is meant to say one thing: I love you guys. No bullshit, I love each and every one of you. You mean more to me than you could ever understand. Wait, I take that back, the great thing about this place is you do understand. Each one of you understands because they care just as much as I do.

Thanks to everyone.
CHUD isn't just a website, or a movie. It's a way of life. CHUD is indeed great. In fact, I consider finding CHUD to be one of the greatest things I've ever done. You guys rock all.

And before anyone says anything, I always find these kind of threads late in the game, and I always look like a jackass being one of the last people to post in them. Well, I am a jackass.

You guys are cooler than Fonzi.
Nick sent me a Package sampler and Blofeld sent me Logan's Run and Star Trek: First Contact.

All else will burn in Hell forever more.
Quote:

Blofeld 28.06.42.12:
Don't thank me for thanking you, just wanted to know if it arrived.

Quote:

Voltes & The Loco Imbocano:
I have yet to go to the Post Office and pick up my previous letters (I'm a lazy bum);

I guess I assumed too much. What I meant was this: since I was gone for 2 weeks, my mail has accumulated at the local Post Office. I'll be checking it tomorrow. That check you've promised better be in the 6 digits!
Quote:

CTDeLude:
Poor Seahawk!

Well, little missie, if that's how you like it...