Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix
I used their customer suggestion link to ask them to include the bonus disc with movies that have them. I reminded them that Blockbuster, etc. include the second disc when you rent a movie.
Maybe if we all suggest it, the overwhelming power of our numbers will convince them.

Or not.
But what the hell, right?
Love 'em, been with them 3 years, never had to wait too long for anything and I rent a fairly decent mixture of popular and obscure. Lost 2 in the mail and had no problem getting the next one on my queue once I reported it. Hey, they deal with the U.S. Postal service so they understand that 'these things happen'.

-sandy (My $0.02)
Well I got my first batch of movies yesterday: Irreversible, Willard, and The Recruit.

I intend to start watching tonight. Hopefully I can get one returned tomorrow.
You guys know blockbuster has the movie pass now, which is basically the same thing. Plus there is no waiting on that. You just go to the store and do it.
Quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Nick
You guys know blockbuster has the movie pass now, which is basically the same thing. Plus there is no waiting on that. You just go to the store and do it.

Right, but my Blockbuster doesn't have any of the older films that I was able to get from Netflix.
valid point. However i try to keep my store stocked with the offbeat stuff, and the old stuff, etc. etc.

I forget they all aren't like me.
Quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Nick

If you do home deliver I may consider it.
well at this point no. But supposedly there is a program which is basically a netflix clone being tested in some markets.
update: During my trial of Netflix, I was able to watch 9 movies (maybe 10, there's still a day or two to go). Everything on my list is available now, and I managed to keep my queue below 25 movies at all times.

So far, the service has improved immensely. I get my movies on the second day after shipping, and they've had everything I wanted except Battle Royal (which isn't available in R1).
Been able to watch 15 movies a month now on the 5 movie out plan.

So roughly I'm paying 2 dollars a movie.

BTW, Volcano High is on very very very long wait. I'm going to send in a complaint, and see if I get it quickly.
Found a new Netflix clone, DVD Barn. Difference is, with them you can rent one DVD at a time for 8.95 per month (unlimited rentals per month, and you can have as many as 10 out at a time (which is 50 bucks). And apparently, when you send a DVD back, you can let them know it's on its way back and they will send out your next selection before the current one gets back to them. Oh yeah, they also rent video games. But I think it's just a matter of time before Netflix starts doing that also. The only drawback that I can see is that it looks like their only facility is in AZ, which would make the wait longer for the east coast folks. You guys heard of this place?

Taken from their website
Quote:

Established in April of 2001 and based out of Scottsdale, Arizona, DVD Barn has steadily been increasing in size for the last 2 years. With the advent of such features as the widely renowned “Coming Back” feature and the “Drag-n-Drop” queue system, DVD Barn strives to maintain itself as a pioneer in a market which we feel is still in its infancy. New features that we are currently working on include: “TrackMyDVD™”, which will allow our members to track their rental shipments throughout its delivery process; and a multiple-warehouse distribution system, which will allow east coast members to receive their rentals from a closer warehouse

My trial period must have ended. Today I have 2 movies that are on short wait. Of course, one is Pirates of the Carribean, so that makes sense. But still.
Quote:

Originally posted by billylove
Been able to watch 15 movies a month now on the 5 movie out plan.

So roughly I'm paying 2 dollars a movie.

BTW, Volcano High is on very very very long wait. I'm going to send in a complaint, and see if I get it quickly.

Here's an email I got back.
Maybe it is legit that the video is very long wait? I can't tell, I guess I'll wait and see if the status changes.

Quote:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your message. Most of the time, we are able to ship our
customers one of the first three movies in their queue. We apologize
that this has not been the case for you recently and for any
inconvenience this may have caused. It's critical to us that we are able to provide our customers one of their top choices consistently and we're constantly evaluating our movie inventory and buying more movies to
match demand as closely as we can.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Therisa
Netflix Customer Service

To view the terms of your Unlimited Rental Service Subscription please
click on the following link; http://www.netflix.com/Terms

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Volcano High http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...vieid=60027325
Is currently at Very Long Wait on my queue and is next in line for me to receive it. I would very much like to see this movie. Thanks.

Holy crap. What is some of this shit that Netflix are producing? 

A Chelsea Handler talk show? A show starring one of the world's most boring actors, Orlando Bloom? ASHTON FUCKING KUTCHER?!

AWooooow. That's an awful linup, but I think they've realized people like crap. They'll all be hits.
AOoooh a Netflix thread - needed one of these. Been trying to subscribe to Netflix for the past couple of weeks but my credit card keeps getting rejected - apparently this happens quite a lot with Netflix. Anyone else experience this or know of a work around or solution for it? Is there a special dance I need to do while putting in my card number?
AIts just your card. I tried to use it 2 days ago for gas and it didn't work then either.

Here's a Where's Waldo picture that promises to feature all of your favorite Netflix characters. If anyone can spot Wilson Fisk crushing someone's skull with a car door, let me know.

Netflix has pissed me off for the last time with the cancellation of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. It seems like they are constantly losing my favorite shows. It's Always Sunny, the Whedonverse, and the Netflix MCU died so they could spend a trillion dollars on Friends and largely godawful independent films?

This combined with the cost hike and I'm done for a long while, probably till Stranger Things comes back. I can always catch Mindhunter or Ozark on other venues.

Disney+'s bundle, which includes Hulu, is sounding more and more like a Netflix killer.

Netflix can shut up and take my money until BOJACK HORSEMAN is cancelled, at the least.