Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair of the dog
I'm incredibly hung over. And I'm wondering if anyone has any remedies for the day after a night of drinking?
Lots of water, and a little caffeine. Actually, if you drink a glass of water before you go to bed after a night of drinking, you can usually avoid the hangover altogether.
Ditto on the water thing. I try to drink a couple of bottles of water after a night of drinking, and I'm almost never hung over.
More liquor fools. Getting drunk again is the only way to cure a hangover. Don't you all know anything? Rinse and repeat as necessary.
Pedialyte also helps. Anything that hydrates you is a rememdy.
soda crackers are excellent for nausea. Another vote for lots of water.
Chinese food works for me. The rice soaks up the alcohol and the grease settles my somach.

But really nothing. Sleep through it if you can.
Red Bull. It's amazing stuff.
A greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

or water.
Quote:

Boomstick:
Red Bull. It's amazing stuff.

This, of course, goes against the whole "no caffine" bit.
There is no hangover "cure"; I usually find that a long shower, good breakfast, and a power scheiss help me get over the initial malaise, and then I just pound water or juice to re-hydrate.
Hot water with a dash of honey works wonders for me.
A bit late I suppose... but still...

french fries, a milkshake a couple of advil, water and napping.

Something about spud based foods make me feel a whole lot better.
Thanks y'all!!

While I'm not hung over now I will most assuredly be again sometime in the not so distant future.. And I'll have this to reference to when it feels as thought the cat has gone potty in my head again
Now you're messing with a son of a bitch.

What, was no one going to make this joke?
Ok i was tested on this at Bartender school. To prevent hangover it's best to stay hydrated, or just eat. That way you wash the alcohol out of your system. And no caffiene does nothing but make you a wide awake drunk. However if you end up with a hangover anyways the best way to get rid of it is to drink a little more. Yay, this is probably gonna be the only time i ever use that knowledge. I don think i have even have the need to know any of my recipes from Bartending School. Working at a hole in the wall club sucks.