Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewer Writers: What's The Favorite Thing You've Written?
Not the best thing, or the thing you are most proud of, your favorite piece you've written. It could be a poem, a scene from a movie, a story, a review, or even a post on these boards.

Mine would have to be this scene from a script I'm writing. Not to say too much about it, but it involves two people who hate each other taking a tour of an office building. The dialogue is very cat-and-mouse, with innocent questions preluded or followed by barbs. I think it's a really nice scene. With the right actors, it would be memorable.
Hard question.

I love the first piece of real creative writing I did. It was a flashback piece on the christmas morning when I got my Millennium Falcon.

I dig my Star Wars novel I wrote, even though its quality has gone down in my estimation.

I'm kinda in love with my werewolf story, I think it's the best thing I've written in ages.
The single best thing I've ever written was for a screenplay a couple of years ago, about a group of Greek dancers. It's a scene where they start to realize their potential, practicing in a coffee shop to the rhythm of a Chic CD. It's the only thing I've ever written that captured my actual joy of writing the scene.

I also wrote a sterling analysis of the movie Se7en on one of the late, lamented CompuServe Showbiz message boards in the mid-90s, breaking down it's philosophical meaning, symbolism and subtext. Probably the only half-decent film analysis I ever did...I wish I still had a copy of that post.
There's a few:

-- The whale/dolphin epic I'm working on (the beginning of which I posted a while back in Shameless Links).

-- A sketch I wrote about three mental patients appearing on Jeopardy: a multiple personality, a paranoid schizophrenic, and a Tourette's syndrome patient. The thing absolutely killed whenever we would perform it.

-- Another sketch called "Service/No Service." It's basically about a group of diners trapped in the "no service" section of a restaurant, and it spins off into some pretty surrealistic areas.

-- My "Father's Day Appreciation" post.
only two things come immediately to mind. My first screenplay.....first real thing I ever wrote creatively. Utter trash. Revised it two years ago and is infinitely better. A story about 4 kids, dreamscapes, and life on a small native reserve.

The other item I absolutely love was that Keanu Reeves epic...about a man, a werewolf, and a shiny laser pointer. Which won me a dvd from this fine site you're presently reading.
Either that stint writing Fortune Cookies or when I asked if Smilia's Sense of Snow was a titty movie.

I'm highly overrated if you ask me...
I tried to write an ensemble story...Posted it in one of the forums...I dig it, even though I think it's not good...
My action sequences. I'd do em just for fun and it'd involve high-speed chainsaw fights in a car on a bridge at night, or a guy trying to dodge a falling building, stuff like that.
MY FAVORITE THING WAS THAT LETTER I WROTE TO THE TOKYO GOVERNMENT, ASKING THEM TO BUILD A GIANT URINAL FOR ME OR I'D KILL THEM. I WROTE THE LETTER IN FIERY PISS AND THEY HAD TO READ IT WITH A SATTELITE.

I think my work here is pretty good: <a href="http://chud.nexcess.net/board/ubbhtml/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=000136" target="_blank">http://chud.nexcess.net/board/ubbhtml/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=000136</a>