Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate Orthodontists
I had to endure these ppl for 3 freaking years...with the whole braces outfit!

That was 2 yrs ago...

And now I'm in bonded retainers...and this stupid bite-plate that makes me sound like the cliche DnD gamemaster nerd...

And I paid for this?!?!

+~~Do I smell like fish?~~+
I'm very glad I never had to endure braces. I have a tiny space between my front teeth, but besides that they are more or less straight and in good working order.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHwArD101

I had to endure these ppl for 3 freaking years...with the whole braces outfit!

That was 2 yrs ago...

Uh, is it 2 years or 3? Your math seems wonky.

I never had braces, but I had a retainer for about 6 months. My teeth sre pretty good. My brothers mouth, however, was all sorts of messed up. His mouth was super crowded and he had teeth growing in behind teeth.
In middle school I had this fucking thing called a Herbst appliance. It was the orthodontic equivalent of that jaw-destroying head clamp thingie in the SAW trailers. They gave me the choice between wearing the nightly headgear or having the Herbst in full-time for half the time I would've been rocking the headgear.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva

Uh, is it 2 years or 3? Your math seems wonky.

I never had braces, but I had a retainer for about 6 months. My teeth sre pretty good. My brothers mouth, however, was all sorts of messed up. His mouth was super crowded and he had teeth growing in behind teeth.

Sorry, I need to clarify...
I had braces for 3 yrs...but I got them off 2 yrs ago. So, the whole process began about 5 yrs ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gistmeister

In middle school I had this fucking thing called a Herbst appliance. It was the orthodontic equivalent of that jaw-destroying head clamp thingie in the SAW trailers. They gave me the choice between wearing the nightly headgear or having the Herbst in full-time for half the time I would've been rocking the headgear.

I almost got thing, too...but the orthodontist I had moved to another city and the guy that came in after her said it wasn't necessary...

THANK GOD!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gistmeister

Yup trust me, that thing fucking sucked. I had it for 2 years. Had 8 years of braces and what not, 2 spent in a fucking Herbst. It was like pistons and shit. I hated it.