Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The CHUD Show/Movie Microscope Podcast Discussion
Caught up on the Carradine and the rest, love it. I'm fond of Toys, but probably because I viewed it on mushrooms once. It's kind of cool to watch someone build up a ton of industry cred and then cash in all their chips on their passion project and it's Toys.
Zoom.

Monkey Shines is up.
If I was a monkey trainer looking to rub my lower regions on a stationary face, Edward James Olmos would be at the top of my hitlist. Checking the papers everyday to see if he had an unfortunate jogging accident.
Wednesday: Nobody.
Went to the theater to catch this a few weeks ago (last week?) and looking forward to hear what you think. I loved it, esp Christopher Lloyd. I'll check back after I listen to the pod.
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
Loved the pod, of course. Honestly appreciate The Work so much - I'd have trouble coming up with good stuff for one movie but you're bringing it each time. You did forget one other Connie Nielsen movie - Sea Fever. From your reaction to it at the time, makes sense that you've already forgotten about it.

I definitely did not tire of the action in this one. The past decade has had a host of movies that are wall-to-wall insane action and I fuckin love them all. Actually just watched The Raid 2 last night for the first time and it almost feels light in terms of action simply compared to movies like this, Wick, or The Night Comes for Us.
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
Anthony Starr is a Kiwi not an Australian Nick, you GODLESS HEATHEN.
That would be like calling me a Canadian. I’m dearly sorry for the transgression.
Bucho zoomed in.

Our podcast's research team has been let go. One fuck up was enough. Don't let the door hit'cha!
"Hunger is the best spice, they say." 
I fell off my nephew's scooter yesterday and cranked up my ribs pretty nice, so laughing hurts right now. The Nobody ep put me in a world of pain a bunch of times, at least partially because trying not to laugh only somehow made the goofing even funnier, so there I was caught in a vicious circle of agony and hilarity. At one point (when Justin said "... but I just thought that might be too funny" at the end of his "Bob Odernkirk to Star Trek" jag) I was LITERALLY doubled over in my driveway.

Of course I could've simply hit pause until my ribcage is back in business and taken a couple of weeks off the zooms, but eff that.
Finished the NOBODY episode. That chair gag was unbelievable. I wish Daniel Bernhardt had showed up later in the movie because his contributions in his two scenes were terrific.
Episode up: Thunderheart
The Black Hole is up.
(04-26-2021, 04:43 PM)Bucho Wrote: I fell off my nephew's scooter yesterday and cranked up my ribs pretty nice, so laughing hurts right now. The Nobody ep put me in a world of pain a bunch of times, at least partially because trying not to laugh only somehow made the goofing even funnier, so there I was caught in a vicious circle of agony and hilarity. At one point (when Justin said "... but I just thought that might be too funny" at the end of his "Bob Odernkirk to Star Trek" jag) I was LITERALLY doubled over in my driveway.

Of course I could've simply hit pause until my ribcage is back in business and taken a couple of weeks off the zooms, but eff that.

Bucho, I hope you're feeling better! Sorry about your ribs and I'm sorry that Nick MENTIONS ribs on our latest ep. Related: this explains the one-word review we recently received. "Painful."
Justin we should just have all our conversations here.
Yeah.
We crushed it.
Checked out the THUNDERHEART ep a little earlier. “Best Apted Screenplay” got me going good.
Way too kind, Alt. The movie's worth revisiting (or visiting) if you've got the time.