Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning figures...
I'm not a big toy collector, but I have a few MacFarlane Toys Akira figures perched on my CD player and was wondering...

What's a good way to clean them?

They're dusty as hell, and I can't get the dust out of the hard to reach places. Is there some sort of liquid I could just dip them in that would clean them off(without removing the paint)? Other than water, I mean. I tried it, and it doesn't work as well as I expected.
I'm not a big toy collector, but I have a few MacFarlane Toys Akira figures perched on my CD player and was wondering...

What's a good way to clean them?

They're dusty as hell, and I can't get the dust out of the hard to reach places. Is there some sort of liquid I could just dip them in that would clean them off(without removing the paint)? Other than water, I mean. I tried it, and it doesn't work as well as I expected.
I recommend compressed air. Most hardware stores sell it in cans with a long nozzle so you can get right into the crevices.
I recommend compressed air. Most hardware stores sell it in cans with a long nozzle so you can get right into the crevices.
That's what I always used when I was collecting toys and miniatures. If you let the dust build up too long, it doesn't get all of it, but if you do it as regular maintenance, it works great. If it has been a while, and the compressed air doesn't get everything out of the crevices, try a soft-bristle toothbrush.
That's what I always used when I was collecting toys and miniatures. If you let the dust build up too long, it doesn't get all of it, but if you do it as regular maintenance, it works great. If it has been a while, and the compressed air doesn't get everything out of the crevices, try a soft-bristle toothbrush.
Thanks a lot guys, I don't know why that never occured to me. I've been meaning to get a can for my keyboard anyway, so this works out doubly-well.
Thanks a lot guys, I don't know why that never occured to me. I've been meaning to get a can for my keyboard anyway, so this works out doubly-well.